What can you do with a single Flexible Template?
You can make an inexhaustible number of layouts that look very different.
But if I show you closeups of the template on two different pages, you might see that both layouts started from a single idea. Look below…
Do you see it? The idea that started each of these layouts is what I call the Dynamic Line Flexible Template.
I’ve used it a lot.
My Flexible Templates are not actually full templates for a page (such as a sketch). Each template is just a general design idea to get you started on a solid design foundation, but the details are all up to you and can vary with each page:
- Photo count – use as many or few as your story needs.
- Page count – single or double page layout…it’s up to you.
- Page size – 6×8, 8.5×11, 12×12…the templates work with any size you can imagine.
- Title placement – the size of your letters and the colors on your page play a major role in where a title will look best on any given page, so my templates don’t dictate title placement.
- Papers – your own personal style and story will factor in where and how much you want to layer or not layer. The templates leave you free to be you.
- Details – because you can take your layout is so many different directions with a Flexible Template, additional detailing, like embellishments, can vary just as much.
For example, on the first layout pictured above I used eleven different scraps and blocks of papers in layers on top of the background paper, whereas on the second layout I only used two. And on another page I made with this template, I didn’t add any layers of paper to the background at all.
In Part One of the Dynamic Line Flexible Template video I made two layouts with photos from the same event, with the same exact color scheme, and even most of the products were the same or from the same package.
Why would I do that? Because I wanted to show you how a few minor differences made the pages different enough.
So imagine what variety you can get by using different colors, products, and pictures from different events. That is what I demonstrated in this Part Two episode.
My Flexible Templates get you started on a page design (because starting can be the hardest part), but they give you as much flexibility and room for creativity as you want.
Design with Lines
Did you know that some lines will move your eye around the page quickly, while others give you a sense of slow, steady stability?
Lines are a big deal. They play a major role in how a person feels and where they look when viewing your pages.
Because line is an essential part of the Dynamic Line Flexible Template, I took this episode as an opportunity to demonstrate how to make these two very different types of lines, and to show you how those lines make you feel.
You must be a member to watch this very packed episode.
Click here to learn about a membership!
You will find the new video in the Member’s Area and on iTunes in the Member feed.