Don’t you love scrapbook pages with layers? You can pique someone’s curiosity when you layer items because people want to know what all those layers are. This gets them more involved with your page!
Here are six different types of layers to create on your scrapbook pages, along with the list of “ingredients” from top to bottom!
- clear button
- polka dot flower
- 6×6 transparency
- Add journaling to the back and then layer this 6×6 intro and journal page over a 12×12 scrapbook page in a 3-ring binder.
Related Video Tutorial in the Membership Archives – Watch me assemble the top embellishment piece in Paperclipping 177 – Repurposing Stuff Into Scrapbook Supplies. You can see the entire 6×6 page come together in Paperclipping 187 – Scrapbooking Outside the Page Protector.
- round metal embellishment
- cut-out flower from paper
- journal spot cropped at edge of background paper
- scrap of ribbon
- shiny bling
- decorative pin
- clear tim holtz piece? glued to patterned paper
- label with date
- torn strip of patterned paper
- rectangular text
- 3 glittered brads
- 2 transparent snowflakes
Related Video Tutorial – Learn advanced concepts about L-frames in Paperclipping 154 – Advanced Design with L-frames.
- rhinestone brad
- colored acrylic butterfly
- transparent clock
- 2 transparency frames with flourishes
- 2 blue glittered brads
- flower cut from patterned paper
- hand-drawn flourishes
- acrylic paint
- tissue paper flower, embedded by the paint
- more paint
- rub-on text
Related Video Tutorial – See how to embed flat items into a background in Paperclipping 178 – Transform Old Items Into Ones You’ll Love.
- journal strips
- decorative clothing tag
- manila tags, strings attached
- butterfly stamp
- flourish stamp
- die cut piece of patterned paper
- contrasting piece of patterned paper
Related Video Tutorial – Learn to put this together step-by-step in Paperclipping 173 – A Journaling Design Technique.
Want to become a layering expert?
Paperclipping Members have enough of my tutorials to create a whole class on this subject! Spend the week focusing on layering by watching these episodes and trying the concepts:
- Paperclipping 189 – Use Stamps to Create Layers
- Paperclipping 188 – Create Tabs with Tags
- Paperclipping 151 – Embellish with Clusters of Scraps
- Paperclipping 168 – How and Where to Place Scrapbooking Embellishments
- Paperclipping 163 – Layer and Texture with Color
- Paperclipping 156 – Contrast and Embellishments in Scrapbooking
- Paperclipping 109 – A Use for Old Tags
- Paperclipping 94 – Embellishment Crescendo
- Paperclipping 25 – Layering Embellishments
- Paperclipping 14 – Cluster Your Embellishments
Not a member? When you join us you’ll get almost 190 videos immediately, including all the ones I mentioned in this post!
CLICK HERE to learn more.
Now go have some fun paperclipping with layers!