This week we’re talking about keeping scrapbooking fun…again!
I also made three pages with the pieces I was putting together as I was making those kits.
Why You Should Re-Kit Your Diminishing Scrapbook Collections
Here is why it’s a good idea to disassemble your purchased collections or kits after a while…
- Having already used many papers you liked from your collections, the papers you like less start to dominate the remaining ones that you do like. This makes you feel uninspired when you look through those collections.
- The papers you don’t love take up space, compete for your attention, and make you feel guilty.
Why Re-Kitting Will Rock Your Scrapbooking World
Here’s why it’s amazing to pick your favorite papers from among your collections and build your own homemade kits…
- You have inspiring and exciting coordinated supplies to work with RIGHT NOW!
- You realize you already own amazing supplies and you won’t desire new stuff nearly as much.
- You have a clear idea of how many pages you can make before you’ll need to shop for more stuff.
- If you do want to buy a few new things, you can prioritize what you purchase by looking at what your kits could benefit from.
- Your gorgeous new kits highlight how uninterested you are in the remaining papers that didn’t make the cut. You realize that you truly do not need those other supplies, and that they are limiting your inspiration.
I’ve been waiting since early January for a few new collections to come available in the stores. I ordered a couple of those collections right before starting my kit project. And now I’m not even interested in opening those new collections because I just want to scrapbook with these beautiful, personalized kits!
Want to make some personalized kits of your own?
While doing my “kitting” this week I made two videos where I shared my process and lots of tips to help you do this, too.
You will not be sorry.
Watch the videos. You will need a membership. CLICK HERE.
Members can find the videos — Eat Up Your Leftovers, Parts One and Two — in the Member’s Area and on iTunes.
P.S.> Want to learn more about a Paperclipping Membership? Click here.
Do you end up with kit and collection leftovers?
Either those leftovers don’t work well together, or they’re just not inspiring you any longer — especially when there are new collections hitting stores, like many have been just recently.
With two new collections making an entrance in my scraproom this week, it occurred to me that I need space for them, as I still have plenty of leftovers from the collections I purchased a year ago.
What do you do when when have lots of older stuff, but you’re ready for something new?
Personally, I like to shake them up. I like to do some things that make them feel fresh and new again.
Here are a few ideas…
- Make your own new coordinated kits with your leftovers.
- Alter them with color mediums.
- Crop them to emphasize something different in the pattern.
- Fussy-cut an icon or image from the pattern.
- Die-cut them.
I chose leftovers from six different collections that I wanted to tackle this week. My goal is to knock four collections out of their spots in my scraproom, and to make a dent in two of the others. I’m using the methods I listed above and making two different videos to show you how I’m doing it.
The first video focuses on the first option in the list: Make your own new coordinated kits. Not only do I show how I’m doing that in this episode, but I also scrapbook two pages from my new homemade kits. I’ve already released this video to the Paperclipping Members. Members can find it on iTunes or in the Membership Area.
The next video will be up by Friday and will probably share ideas for all of the strategies above.
Are you ready to start your membership?
So tell me…
What leftovers do you have that need new spice? Are they from collections or kits? Or just random pieces you purchased that you haven’t felt inspired to use? If you were to use them all over the next couple of weeks, what would you put in their place?
Hopefully the ideas I share in this week’s two videos will inspire you to do just that!
P.S.> Get your membership here to watch the videos! If you do anything with your own leftovers after watching, please shoot some photos, post them with an explanation online somewhere, and then share a link here in the comments!
It’s now live!
I can’t tell you how excited I am for this. I think you’ll love it.
We’ve launched it with a deep discount for the next three days!
I’m thrilled to let you know that my new “Romantic Scrapbooking” Course is almost here!
I can’t wait to share it with you. I hope you love it and find it useful.
If you want to know the moment the course is available, please join the “Early Notification” email list by filling out the form below:
Make sure you check your email right away after registering. There will be one more step you need to do…
I’m looking forward to sharing more soon!