This is my favorite cover so far! Here’s how to do it…
1. Die cut 3 ornaments from grungeboard. Paint them in the general color of the glitter you’ll cover them with. The paint doesn’t have to be an exact match. Then cover them in their final glitter or liquid pearls. I used 2 or 3 coats.
2. Hand cut some cardstock as backgrounds for the ornaments. Use paper in the general glitters you’ll be covering them with. It doesn’t have to be an exact match. Then cover the hand-cut backgrounds with Stickles and Liquid Pearls.
3. Glue your backgrounds to your ornaments and then glue the ornaments to your album cover.
Paperclipping Members can see how I covered the chipboard for my cover in Paperclipping 200. Click here for membership info).
4. Add foil tape to the top of your ornaments.
5. Curl a thick wire into a loop for your ornament. I use wire from the floral area of my craft store.
I curled mine by wrapping it around the top of the lid of a bottle of Stickles.
Adhere your ornaments to your cover.
6. Tie 3 cute bows with some silver Christmas string. Cut a straight string for each ornament. Attach the straight strings to the bows with a glue dot. Then attach them to the wire loops of your ornaments.
Bend your silver strings over the top of the album cover and glue dot them to the back. Finish by covering the back with some fun holiday paper!
Happy holiday paperclipping!
P.S.> Did you know there are more than 200 video tutorials in the Paperclipping membership archives? You get immediate access to those when you sign up, plus 2 more every month! Click here for info.